November 23, 2005

two runs lately

I'm on vacation - and on the road - but I've gotten in some runs the last couple of days.

Sunday, after a day of driving, I checked into a motel (free night - Choice Rewards really does work!) and got out for a quick two-mile run in the cool evening air. I didn't want to go far at this little waypoint on the highway, but it felt good to be out. I'm still breaking in the new shoes, so I'm keeping it to short runs until they're a lot more broken in.

This morning, Wednesday, I got up early at my sister's house and got outside for a chilly 4-miler on a route I mapped out last year. Good run, but tough. Lungs not cooperating; felt very stiff. And my legs felt tight, too, though by the end of the run I was much improved.

Tomorrow morning is a 5K turkey trot in Charleston. Don't expect to turn in a PR, but will try to do a couple miles of warmup before the run and will do my best regardless. All of this will be in the new shoes.

No comments: