November 18, 2005

hard, painful Central Park run

Okay, haven't run much this past week, but I made it a point to get out today for about three miles. Should be a nothing distance, but it felt like a half-marathon. From the beginning to the end, I found it very difficult to keep going, though I was a slow pace. I did stop about half mile in and stretch leisurely, but that didn't really help. I just felt cold, klunky, and terribly inexperienced. I coughed the entire time.

I did just the upper park loop, entering at 90th street, turning left on the 102nd street crossover, then going clockwise on the hard hills and back down to 90th street. A solid workout if done as speedwork, I should think, but today it was just a miracle to do it without walking.

By the time I'd changed into street clothes at NYRR, I felt like I had the flu or something. I've since had myself a long hot shower and I'm feeling OK.

Maybe its the cold, and that I'm not acclimated. Maybe its something else, I don't know. Must keep stretching, must keep doing ankle weights, must get back on at least an every-other-day schedule.

Of course, reading other people's blogs, it seems like everybody's having a couple bad weeks, so I know I'm not alone.

1 comment:

WalkSports.com said...

Have you ever communicated with Keith Howard from Albuquerque, NM - an excellent young high school (going to college this year) runner.

He has CF as well and at one point, I believe, nearly earned a college scholarship to Eastern New Mexico University for this year.

Just curious.

Jon
http://houstonrunning.blogspot.com/