February 28, 2010

Starbucks' Via

Well, I'm back from Florida and I'm already swamped. Taxes, photos, bills, lesson plans, etc.

I didn't run today, choosing to sleep in and make some grocery runs. One of the things I picked up was a packet of Starbucks' Via at Costco. The price was reasonable and since I've been reviewing other kinds of instant coffee, I thought I'd like to see how this one stacks up.

Via is OK; not great. Similar to other instant coffees right now, it is a mix of instant coffee and micro-grounds. The first half of the cup was pretty good, but the second half got bitter, and the bottom downright nasty, as the microgrounds stay down there and leave a bitter, unappetizing sludge. I will relegate this to backpacker's coffee, because it is very portable, but if you have access to a coffee maker or a Keurig, stick with those.

No comments: