October 18, 2009

Detroit kills three more people

Detroit half-marathon sees three dead.

A very unfortunate occurrence. I wonder why things like this happen? I know with more people participating in races, more are going to die (I'm assuming the overall percentage remains the same, but perhaps I'm wrong). But I can't help but feel bad for these guys and their families.

As for the writer of the article, please to not be confusing a MARATHON with a HALF-MARATHON. Be clear with your terminology. The two terms are not interchangeable, asshole. You're a disgrace to the reporting establishment and to writers in general. Hopefully, the next time you report on people dying, you'll do a little more than reorganize the wire feed and run it through a spell checker. I like to engage in a little exercise called "proofreading"; perhaps you've heard of it.

No comments: