August 28, 2006

A swift recovery

I have been so sore today! Not as sore as after Nashville, though, and for that I'm thankful. In fact, run-wise, the whole race was better than Nashville, though I liked Nashville's race more. Make sense? I didn't end up in excruciating pain at the end of Sunday's 13.1 miles. Hell, I wasn't even hobbling. And though there were water-blisters and a rubbed-raw taint (oh, I didn't share that detail before?), I feel better overall than after most of my other half-marathons. So there's that.

Also, I am now 100% certain that I have a perfect night-before dinner and pre-race breakfast and routine figured out. I've got fueling and hydration figured out. None of that was even a question yesterday. Nothing extra, nothing omitted, no mistakes there. It does mean I'll have to be a freak about the pre-race prep when I do away races, but that's life.

I wish I could say I hopped out of bed this morning and ran six miles, but that would be a big fat lie. In fact, I didn't have time to do a run today, having spent twelve hours working at two different studios. And tomorrow isn't looking much better, but I'm hoping for at simple five-miler in the evening.

Legs are still a bit achy, and I will make an appointment to see the sports doc, but I'm not as concerned about my legs not getting me to November 5th as I was before Sunday.

1 comment:

runner26 said...

I have to say...i agree with your comments on the race (nyc half). It was poorly planned--did you notice the misplaced mile markers at 9 and 10? There is no excuse for that--especially when participants paid $60. Disappointing to say the least. I tried to be optimistic about everything, but when you really think about it, we should expect more from Nike and NYRR. Good job on the race anyway--that is what really counts!