May 22, 2006

I am injured

Like Phil, I am injured. I didn't notice right after the 10K, but once the subway dropped me off at my stop in Brooklyn, I definitely noticed a couple of sore spots when levering myself off the bench. I thought it was just post-race goodness.

The next morning, I thought it was still just more post-race goodness, but the fact that the one spot deep in my right calf seemed to have gotten worse didn't register. It did this morning, tho! The walk to the subway was unpleasant and slow. Managed to "walk it off" over the course of the day, but the little lump of pain is still there. It feels like a small tear deep in the muscle tissue, or maybe a strain there. (Did I overdo it during post-race stretching??) It doesn't hurt when standing still or sitting, but walking confirms there's a problem.

Oh, well. Guess I'll take a couple more days off from running and see what develops. If my calf still feels like this at the end of this week, I guess I'll make an appointment to see Dr. M.

---

Chelle thinks I can knock down my PRs on the half and marathon. I feel confident that with good training and the same good luck I had last weekend, I could definitely knock my half-marathon time to a flat two hours. However, speed training and getting back to my TKE weight training (for the lower legs) MUST be a part of that program. Of course, all races and all training from here on out have as the ultimate goal a good run at the NY Marathon. Can I do a sub-5-hour marathon? You bet. Could I break 4:30? Well...that's the gold medal, isn't it?

3 comments:

Lora said...

booooo to the injury--hope it heals fast. Wish I was ready for the NYC Marathon---the bridges scare me! Tho I should start registering so that by the 3rd year they'd have to take me, and by then I'd be ready!

Morrissey said...

Rest up "brooklyn"! I hope you have a speedy recovery so you can come back strong and destroy your PRs for the Full/Half marathons! :)

Phil said...

Damn, that 10K cursed us.