April 7, 2006

this and that

Just a few quick notes.

Bicycled to work again yesterday. My legs are feeling more and more powerful and I was able to cruise in a higher gear, even taking the Manhattan Bridge in second gear, so that's all good. Downside: I ruined a pair of jeans with chain grease. Also, my legs are getting stiffer; I must get back to foam rolling and taking time to really stretch each day and do the TKE exercises with the ankle weights, or else come November, I'll be in hell.

Upcoming this weekend: Thomas Labreque Classic, a nice 4-miler in Central Park. I plan on going early and putting in 4 miles before the race, so as to get in a long 8 mile run. You might recall the disastrous results the last time I did this, so you'll understand my apprehension. But my lungs are in better shape and stamina is not an issue.

New shoes: finally picked up a pair of size 8, B-width 992s. I will sell my other two pairs on craigslist to help recoup the cost. If this new pair doesn't fit, nothing will.

Found on the web: a new asthma treatment for severe cases.

No comments: