December 4, 2005

I am whited out

I should have known it was too good to be true.

I woke this morning feeling more rested than I have in a long, long
time. I felt energized, like yesterday's run had been the last of
some kind of crap and my body and mind had changed the filters
overnight. Cheerfully, I climbed right into my running clothes,
threw on a warmup jacket and overgloves and opened the door.

Snow. No big deal, I've run in snow before. But not this kind!
This is the wet, slushy kind in a thin layer that affords no reliable
footing, especially in running shoes. By the time I was done
shoveling the walk and laying down salt (which turned my glove rather
white itself), I decided that discretion is the better part of valour
and a sprained ankle or banged knee is something I don't need.

I'll put my energy today into getting my apartment clean and get some
unneeded crap listed on eBay. Maybe later if the walks get cleared
up and enough of slush melts away, I can get a short run in; try to
get this week up to its scheduled totals.

No comments: