November 29, 2005

I am a bad boy

...I must be, since I'm sitting here enjoying a delicious reward for a run that doesn't deserve it. Really, I'm completely amazed and continually awestruck by the flavors and texture of the greek yogurt with honey.

Anyway, about the run: Did a solid three miles today, probably closer to 3.5. I'd thought to go do my 6.8 mile loop, but changed that plan as the clouds threatened to open up and my right knee started talking to me. (Now, this is something I don't get. Right knee hurts before the last run, legs felt fine by the end; LEFT knee had twinges yesterday, no running; and today it's back to the right side. WTF?)

So I decided to do the uphill run to the park, made a quick swing through a couple blocks worth of the park (from 16th street over to the exit at 11th street), continued on to 10th street, then started back downhill towards home. Made a quick stop at the bank to deposit some checks (tried to keep warm and loose while doing it) and had a good, solid run the last mile home! I finished up feeling really great.

My lungs cooperated better today, though not up to what they could be. At least I handled the steep uphill blocks without resorting to the over-stressed breathing and didn't feel a need to stop and catch my breath or to walk at any point. I DID, in fact, stop a couple of times due to the bank and some traffic that wasn't obeying the lights -- but those were minor and I feel didn't interrupt the all-holy Rhythm Of The Run.

Didn't take the music today either. Hm. Maybe I should go back to running without music...

and why am I a bad boy? I didn't get ANYTHING done today on my long list of minor items. Just the run, a couple of phone calls, a talk with my landlord, and a new calendar published on iCalShare.com. It reflects the NYRR calendar. As long as I'm punching in the information, I figured I'd save other Mac users some time. You can find it here:
NYRR Events. You'll find a subscribe button on the bottom left of the page if you just want your iCal to automatically keep it updated. I'll be updating it as information becomes available; which in NYRR-world is six times a year.

No comments: