October 21, 2005

Tag, you're it!

Well, it's been four days since I've run, meaning I have to have some excuse for not running. Work; that's it. Working pretty much 9 a.m. to midnight right now. I will, however, be running a 5K in Rhode Island on Sunday. The Ghost and Goblins Run is to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis.

Another reason I haven't run is because the time on Tuesday I'd reserved to get in four miles was taken up on an emergency basis having to get this fixed. Getting a Source 4 in the face is no fun.

Anyway...there's some kind of game of tag going on, wherein one posts his/her fifth sentence from their 23rd post, then posts the URLs of their five favorite bloggers. I was surprised to find myself tagged by Fastchick, one of the runners I most admire for her speed and exacting expectations of herself. Of course Derek got into the game, too.

So. My entry:

"I've already done 9.3 miles in 1 hour 38 minutes, so I figured twelve miles would take about two hours, maybe a little more."

That would be when I was about to tackle my first twelve miles EVER. And it happened to be on one of the last days of the Gates project in Central Park. Twelve miles then took me two and a half hours. It still takes a good solid two hours.

I'm proud of Beast for his inspiring triathletic efforts, and of Danny for getting into training for his first marathon - a mere 17 days away! I'm also happy to keep reading Wil as she began running about the same time I did, but has taken the whole thing to the ultimate level, training right up for triathlons and heading for her first Ironman. Finally, though this is tagback number six, I have to mention Brian and his efforts to swim handcuffed to raise diabetes awareness. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from him since his planned date to swim the Hudson -- a date he didn't keep. Does anybody know what happened?

1 comment:

Danny said...

Ouch! That pic didn't look like fun...

Have fun at that run. Are you dressing up?

Finally, thanks for the shoutout. (Was that really a tag?)

:-)