January 21, 2005

Worried about tomorrow

Tomorrow's forecast for the 7-mile Frostbite run in Central Park is ... 12 degrees! I have to register and pick up my tag at NYRR headquarters around 8 or 8:30, which means being up by 6:30, out the door by 7:30. The race begins at 9:30. I'm bringing my inhalers as I run... I've discovered part of the problem I was having with the cold was the albuterol inhaler I'd been using had run dry and I didn't know it. So I have a fresh one and hopefully the cold won't knock me down too far tomorrow. I'm not worried about staying warm... once I get running, I'll be good to go.

My motivation at 6:30 AM and 10 degrees will be... down. God, give me strength! But considering this is my first qualifying run of nine that I need to complete by November (in order to qualify for the following November's marathon), I really need to get out there. (I'll be gone most of June, so I'm looking at basically having to get in one qualifier per month from now on.)

No comments: