March 11, 2008

I am posting a couple weeks worth of runs here

February 27, 2008


Not a bad run. Got the three miles done; slow. 3 out of 5 apples

March 2, 2008




Supposed to be 10 miles; just didn't have the energy. Too much walking, too. Nice day, but... chose to finish a cut-short run strong, rather than a 10-miler like walking death. Various pains that wouldn't go away, too. 2/5 apples

March 4, 2008


Another cut short run. Dammit.

March 5, 2008


Shorter than was supposed to be. (5 miles was planned). Not enough umame. Have I written about the umame yet?

March 7, 2008




Calendar surprised me by bumping the regular 3 miler to 4. But THIS 4 was the run I deserved after the last week and a half of so-so running. THIS 4miler was 5 apples! Check out the pace chart. Only two stops for traffic and one break at the turn-around point to stretch, which I really needed. I'm back to stretching better before my runs, and that helped me nail this 4-miler. Very very happy with this one.

March 9, 2008




Woof. Holy moly. 10 miles is only 1 mile longer than 9 miles - and those I did OK. So why does double-digits phase me so much? Well, I got out there, but it had a lot of walking. Less in the second half, but ... still. I'm confident I'll finish the St Louis half in under 2.5 hours - hopefully closer to 2.25 hours, but... maybe not without some walking. Still...if my history repeats itself, if I stretch well before the race, maybe jog to the starting line initially, then stretch, and can just get through the first three or four miles without walking, then I should have a good continuous-run race. After all, my performance at the Houston half surprised me - I was walking somewhat in the training leading up to that race, too...and my sister and I took only one break the whole race, for the portapotties, not because we felt we had to slow down. Essentially, I'm hoping for a slightly-faster repeat of that race.

No comments: