February 4, 2008

I am still stressed and now I'm in pain

How's that song go?

"You woke up this morning
The world turned upside down,
Thing's ain't been the same
Since the Blues walked into town."

I felt like hell this morning. I slept poorly last night; just couldn't get fully awake. Took me forever to get going.

I'd gone to the gym yesterday and began the new stage of core exercises, the dynamic ones. They didn't look too hard judging from the article I'm working off of, but sure enough, just towards the end of the prescribed number of reps, I'd feel it. I also did weights on arms and legs and general pushups, situps, and pullups, doing 2 sets w/ fewer reps each, trying to get more general workout done.

Well, that came back to haunt me, as I have spent all of today with fairly tender abs and side muscles, whatever you call 'em.

My run wasn't too spectacular, either. Hard to get motivated under grey and rainy skies. Sleet, actually. Still, I got just over a mile before my first brief walk break and well past the halfway point before really getting tired. It was a slow jog today and far harder than it should have been for an "easy three". Well, maybe Wednesday's five-miler will go better.




And I'm still stressed about the issues noted before. In addition, MR. Anonymous, my comment on the TSA blog was spot on. Transparency, my ass.

Finally, I heard from B. She feels she wants to run faster and farther than I'm capable of - and she's right - so she's going to look for another partner. My search continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have inspired Dad! He jog/walked further yesterday but after his blood pressure was 95/59! Don't think he needs that high blood pressure pill. Take it easy today and Advil! Remember tomorrow will be better and we think you are great. Mom