July 4, 2006

Noooooooooooooooo--

--ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

They can't do this! They CAN NOT fucking do this!

The current artsy-fartsy, cutsie-wootsie blue-monochrome Rice Krispies commercial has co-opted, stolen, hijacked, even CORRUPTED the world's very best cover of Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World, by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. For the purposes of a lousy fucking commercial "tender moment"! I'm so disgusted/disgruntled/discombobulated, I'm writing sentence fragments! The world is going to hell in a handbasket; truly there are some evil mutherphuckers in the ad biz. Just shoot me now.

On second thought; wait a few years before you shoot me, because I want that song played at my funeral and I don't want the world thinking I first heard it on a goddamn 30-second cereal promo.

Is it silly of me to be so upset? No. I am an artist and recognize in this song the soul and perfect form of another artist and a true work of art. The posession of the artistic soul by the corporate demon makes me want to vomit.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Deep breathe boy, this too shall pass.