July 20, 2006

I am getting behind already

Gah. Back from "vacation" for two days and I'm falling behind already. I got in a run yesterday morning, 3.4 miles, and for the first time in several months, it was downright EASY. Clearly I wasn't pushing hard enough, but I jogged all the way up to the park, including the hilliest route up, paused to stretch, then jogged at a somewhat brisker pace home. I recovered in record time. Could it be that a few runs in thinner air (Rapid City SD for instance) can make such a difference?

Meant to get up this morning to put in six miles, but something went wrong. I think I got my alarm set for p.m. instead of a.m. Slept until 8. Had to get to work so no run. Didn't matter anyhow as I woke up so sore and stiff all over that I'm not sure I could have run. I know what this is: delayed onset paralysis as a result of that goddamn IronButt ride. That was really not a good idea. Okay, so maybe I'm not going paralyzed, but I do believe I got a "grace" day and today it's really hitting. It's over 72 hours later and the tips of a couple of my fingers are still numb, so I wonder if the 24 hours of vibration did some nerve damage. The ringing in my ears has finally stopped, tho.

Well, if I don't get the run in tonight after work, I'll do it Saturday and put off Saturday's long run 'til Sunday. I'm planning 10 miles for the long run - it'll be a miracle if I finish it well. But hey...three loops of Prospect Park - nothing could be easier, right?

No comments: