June 24, 2006

I am prudent

Well, I did NOT go do the race this morning; I didn't run at all. I'd posted somewhere else that I was going to the race unless it was raining and that's what happened. I got up at 6, intending to be at the park by 7:30 or 8, to put in five miles before the race, but it was raining as I stepped out the door. Not hard, to be sure, but enough to give me second thoughts. I really don't want to do a long run in the rain right now. I'm tired from yesterday, which started at 4 a.m. for me and didn't end 'til almost midnight and I didn't eat like I should've. In short, I don't want to court getting injured or sick because I'm too tired and the weather is getting me soaked and slowing me down.

I went back to bed, but did check the weather again at about 8, because if it had cleared up a bit, I would've gone to the race and done my second five miles after the race...still raining. And though it looked like the rain had stopped when I got out of bed again a half hour ago...it is once again raining. The humidity at all times has been killer. Tomorrow is supposed to be a tad cooler and a tad less humid, even between showers.

I'm content to let the rain come. I've got all weekend to find the time to put in ten miles and it is probably better to do it all as one non-race chunk after getting good rest. I have plenty to do in the meantime.

No comments: