January 5, 2006

I am getting back on track

Got in a half-way decent run yesterday. Again, it was short of the planned mileage, but not because my body had given up, but because I was just out of time. I had to turn around at 10:30 if I was going to make it to work on time. So I got in four almost-walking-free miles; only had to walk once. The first two miles actually felt great and I wonder why it is the coughing and shortness of breath only set in after that point?

However, the coughing has abated a bit and I'm bringing up a lot less junk - and it's lighter in color, too. At this point, I believe that I almost have this particular infection conquered and that my lung weakness is just a matter of lost conditioning. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and we'll see what transpires. After the appointment, I'm doing six in Central Park, maybe eight if I'm feeling real good. This weekend's planned long run is supposed to be 13, but as my longest so far has been 10, I think twelve will be a reasonable compromise. I'm still ahead of the typical four-month training curve, after all.

I need to see the orthopedics doc and ask why the ball of my left foot hurts after a run. That's the only thing bothering me right now (from the waist down at least).

Finally, I got a new header, thanks to Okolo at Bloggerheadz.com. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Lora said...

Ohhh...I really like your header!! You should be proud! Good luck at the Doc...and then, run boy run!!!!

nyflygirl said...

snazzy header!!

glad to hear things are looking up :)