August 24, 2005

well I'll be damned. short AGAIN.

I didn't think I could screw up twice. But apparently my "three mile loop"....ain't. I began to suspect my loop was short and took my GPS with me. What I thought was four miles turned out to be 3.5. Not as grievious an error as my previous miscalculation, but still. Well, that was Monday. I did, however, discover new territory on that run and I think my apartment-hunting will now include Red Hook - a nice industrial, small, somewhat-scary, subway-inaccessible neighborhood.

Today, I ran after getting home from PT. For the first day in several, my tendons didn't hurt. It was a pretty good run, overall. I really enjoyed the five-mile loop and even added an extra block laterally on my way up and back from the park. The weather was just about perfect, and even my lungs were cooperating. My speed was marathon-pace, I guess - legs ached a bit, particularly in the shins, so I was slow, but I didn't mind.

I'd like to point out a great page for measuring distance online: http://www.sueandpaul.com/gmapPedometer/
Neat stuff.

No comments: