February 4, 2005

Two in a row! Days that is.

For the first time since Christmas, I ran for the second day in a row. The book has a schedule that has a two-day lineup every week, but I suspect a lot of people skip one every other week so that the remaining seven runs are spread out every other day.

Well, I looked at the calendar and was shocked to see that I was supposed to do three miles today! I'd already been into town and everything and have a rehearsal later tonight. But for the moment...why not? So I pulled my running clothes out of the dryer and strapped on my shoes.

I found the run to be difficult, but not hard. My lungs had a hard time of it and my left ankle, especially, wasn't happy; but it wasn't the kind of pain you stop for...it was the "it doesn't matter" kind of pain. So I've got icepacks on my ankles as I type this. I think had I been preparing to run today, I'd have been better off. I HAVE to remember to drink more water! I do pretty well in the off days, but didn't hydrate enough last night or this morning...consequently I had a headache while running today. Another lesson learned. Again.

So now my 8-miler will have to be Sunday. If I want to go to this thing in New Jersey, I'll have to be up extra early Sunday to get the run in first.

No comments: