February 11, 2005

Another short day; back to back

3 miles this morning, maybe a little over. Weather was
cold, but clear and the wind wasn't as bad. I've
decided that while I don't mind running the streets in
Brooklyn, I don't like running the local highways here.
The cars just go too fast and kick up lots of dirt.

The run wasn't very stressful; my breathing was
optimal. I even made an effort at increasing my pace
for about half a mile on a flat stretch. Unlike
yesterday, I definitely noticed the bunny hills today;
they were harder for some reason.

15K race Sunday! I'm trying not to psych myself out
about the distance, but I keep in mind that I've done
eight easily... a warmup jog plus the race (to try to
reach a full 10 miles) should be NO PROBLEM.

**A previous emailed post failed to make it in, as did this one. I had a copy of this one, but the first post, about a five mile run out in Blairstown, is lost.

No comments: