August 12, 2005

one of those "to the point" kinda runs

short and sweet; 3 miles exactly. chose an out-and-back route, so that I could begin to check out Sunset Park, where a few friends of mine live and where rents are cheaper. (maybe I'll be moving soon) I ran up to 5th ave, over to 41st st, down to 4th ave, and back home. 3 miles exactly.

I got up too late to run today, meaning the sun was up and the temp was already over 80 and rising. Forget it. I'm learning fast that acclimation or not, anything above 80 is a real challenge for me. I waited tonight until 8:00 and the temps had cooled significantly, though humidity's a bitch. Rain is expected later tonight. Air quality not so hot; real hazy today.

Shins need work, gotta ask my therapist about that next time I see her. Lungs didn't close up too much, but weren't wide open either. They worked OK. by the last half mile of my run, I was really warmed up, pouring sweat, and my breathing - much to my surprise - had fallen into a 2-2 pattern, instead of my usual 3-2 pattern. I've never had my respiration going that fast for that amount of time and not been in particular distress. Perhaps this is more adaptation and I can look forward to better oxygenation during my runs?

Gotta get in a full five miles sometime this weekend; hopefully a six in Central Park. All depends on time, weather, and ...um... more weather. I'm gonna be glad when fall comes, believe you me!

No comments: